Two New Treats for Charlie Fox Binge Readers
Charlie Fox: The Early Years is a digital box set of Books 1, 2, 3 in the Charlie Fox series (thirteen books, and counting). Find out her backstory—how she got back on her feet after ignominious discharge from the Army, and how she began working again with her lover, former Army boss, Sean Meyer.
- In Killer Instinct, Charlie Fox teaches self-defence to battered women. When her work brings her to the attention of a vicious rapist, will her skills be enough to save her?
- Riot Act finds Charlie caught up in gang violence on a local housing estate. She can take care of herself but then she comes face to face with a spectre from her traumatic Army past.
- In Hard Knocks, Charlie takes her first steps towards a career in close protection. She is in deadly danger on a covert mission to a bodyguard training school in Germany, but can she survive this school of hard knocks?
Charlie Fox: Bodyguard is a digital box set of Books 4, 5, 6 in the Charlie Fox series (thirteen books, and counting).
- In First Drop, Charlie Fox's first bodyguard assignment seems easy enough—to nursemaid the son of a wealthy software developer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. But why does somebody try to snatch the boy and want him badly enough that they'll kill anyone who gets in the way?
- In Road Kill, set in the English Lake District and in Ireland, Charlie is caught up in the aftermath of a fatal bike crash involving a close friend. But was it really an accident? Who was the true target? And is Charlie wise to rely on help from her lover and former Army boss, Sean Meyer?
- In Second Shot, Charlie's assignment ends in a bloody shoot-out in a frozen forest in New Hampshire, USA. She's left fighting for her life, with her client dead. She's in no state to protect anyone, least of all her client's baby daughter.
Top-quality Audio for Lakes Thriller Trilogy
Featuring CSI Grace McColl and Detective Nick Weston
It's tricky to produce top-quality audio fiction. Male or female voice? accent? delivery? and a rapport between narrator and story. Hard to define, but you know it when you hear it. And you certainly hear it in the first two audiobooks in the Lakes Thriller Trilogy, thanks to the technical skills of Oakhill Publishing and the superb delivery from narrator Lewis Hancock.
English setting, English characters, cool English narration. Judge for yourself from the brief audio tasters below.
Book 1: Dancing on the Grave
In one of the most beautiful corners of England, something very ugly is about to take place. There's a killer on the loose, and the calm of an English summer is about to be shattered.
Imagine you're looking over the sniper's shoulder as he lines up his shot. Between heartbeats, he tightens his forefinger round the trigger.
The story begins: "It is a bad day to die… a perfect one to kill."
Stories to linger over—each book 125,000 words, 450 pages. Will you choose eBook? print? or audio—a dozen hours of perfect bedtime listening (or maybe as you commute)?
Want to read more before you decide? Help yourself to the first three chapters of Dancing on the Grave.
Book 2: Bones in the River
Driving on a country road late at night, you hit a child. There are no witnesses. You have everything to lose. What do you do?
We learn early on who the hit-and-run driver is—but why is he such a key player in the story, and what's the connection with the bones in the river?
Treat yourself to a brief audio taster from this second book in the Lakes Thriller Trilogy.
The story begins: “His eyes drifted from the road only for a second. That was all it took...”
Again, the choice is yours: eBook? print? or audio?—13+ hours of top-quality listening.
Want to read more before you decide? Help yourself to the first three chapters of Bones in the River.
They say that if you read the first three chapters of BAD TURN, you’ll definitely want to read the rest. Why don’t you read those opening three chapters now and make up your own mind?
If BAD TURN passes your Three-Chapter Test, you’ll be in excellent company. Like this reviewer, who writes:
“Sharp has written one of the most dramatic and compelling opening chapters I have read in a long time. From the explosive opening pages to the unmasking of the villain, Bad Turn kept me up late into the night following the plot twists and revelling in Charlie’s latest exploits… I recommend it.”
Are you willing to risk being kept up late into the night? Order BAD TURN now, and begin reading right away!